ECO 220 Wall System
This is our most popular wall choice for clients looking for a quality, robust timber frame. This wall type is ideal for dense packed cellulose insulation, insulated fully with 220mm cellulose achieving a U-value of 0.16 W/m2k. An internal service batten, with additional insulation using sheep wool, as part of our insulation and airtightness package. For a full breakdown of the framing components please see details and specification below.
Factory-built timber frame panel to include:
- 9mm OSB/3 external sheeting, wrapped with Pro Clima Fronta WA Membrane. Pvc Strapping is used to highlight studs for wall ties/battens.
- The external timber frame wall panels are constructed with 220 x 44mm stud at 600 centres. Panels positioned and mounted on a 220×44 pressure treated sole plate to Thermal blockwork/ Insulated Raft, depending on your design & detailed requirements.
- 220mm cellulose insulation, blown and pressure tested on site by our fully qualified and certified installers, testing carried out on day of installation. Cellulose insulation is a sustainable and energy efficient product because it uses locally sourced recycled paper and inorganic salts. The salts make the cellulose safe in a fire and acts as a natural pesticide).
- Airtightness membrane – Intello membrane.
- 35 x 50 mm timber battens to form service cavity – insulated with 50mm of sheep wool (Thermafleece Eco Roll Thermal Conductivity 0.039 W/mK) fitted across internal face of walls eliminating cold bridging (supply only)
- Internal linings are by others. A 15mm Gypsum wallboard Type A plasterboard is required on external walls and ceilings.
- Internal walls are 89mm CLS timber frame studs, generally at 400 ctrs. Load bearing/ Shear walls will require 9mm OSB/ plywood sheeting – to be specified by engineers at the design stage.
All timber is PEFC certified, identifying the timber to be a sustainable material as it originates from sustainable managed forests.